Friday, July 28, 2017

San Juan Island Brewing Company -- Grand Opening!

For the July 27 Grand Opening of the San Juan Island Brewing Company -- Friday Harbor's new and biggest brewery -- I figured I'd get there an hour late to make sure there was anyone to photograph. Big mistake! Both the huge interior and the patio were packed, and there was a line waiting at the door. Luckily for me, co-owner Verne Howard kindly let me in with no better story than that I wanted to take photos for this blog.

Full disclosure: I don't drink beer or any other alcoholic beverage. But I love the cordiality and aesthetic of the new brewery, and I think it's a great gathering place -- especially as one of the few places in Friday Harbor open after 7:00 p.m. Oh, and there's food too! (I just hope they plan to provide wireless.)

Verne is also the owner of Friday Harbor's only two supermarkets, King's Market and Marketplace, so he is a huge contributor to this community. And I'm sure the new brewery will take its place as another of his important gifts.















No comments:

Post a Comment